Google Suite for Education: Services for Faculty and Students
What is Google Suite for Education?
Google Suite for Education has several services catering to UP’s faculty and students, all geared towards providing them with online learning and collaboration tools they can access from their computers or mobile devices. Below are the tools and services available:
- UP Mail (Gmail). The email service available to all currently enrolled students and faculty.
- Drive. Provides unlimited file storage for your documents.
- Calendar. Allows you to share calendars or create joint calendars with others for easier scheduling.
- Docs, Sheets, and Slides. Allows you to share and collaborate documents, spreadsheets, and presentations with others and work together in real time.
- Forms. Lets you create forms, quizzes, and surveys.
- Sites. Provides a web builder to create sites.
- Hangouts Meet. Lets you communicate with others through video calls and messaging.
- Groups. Lets you create and participate in forums to foster conversation.
- Classroom. Helps faculty manage their coursework by creating classes, distributing assignments, and sending feedback to their students.
Benefits of Google Suite for Education
- Easy access. As long as you’re online, the Google apps can be accessed on computers/desktops and mobile devices.
- Unlimited storage. Google Drive for UP Mail accounts offers unlimited file storage.
- Real-time collaboration. Editing documents online can be done by many people all at the same time.
- Professionalism and institutional identity. A UP account is recommended when students and faculty intend to participate in local and international conferences and other professional events.
How to Access Google Suite for Education
To access Google Suite for Education for UP, make sure you already have a UP Mail account. To learn more about UP Mail and getting your account, click here.
You can also read more on Google’s Terms of Service.